31 Jan 5 ways to explore Bruges
1. Bruges by boat: A visit to Bruges isn’t complete without a boat trip on its canals. Go aboard at any of the five landing stages (consult city map) for a half-hour trip that allows you to appreciate the most noteworthy delights of the city from a completely different angle.
2. Bruges by hot air balloon: The most adventurous and probably the most romanticway to discover Bruges is by hot-air balloon. Bruges Ballooning organizes both a morning flight (including a champagne breakfast) and an evening flight (including a bite to eat, champagne or a beer) over Bruges. The whole trip lasts for three hours, with at least one hour in the air. You will be picked up and dropped off wherever you are staying. (www.bruges-ballooning.com)
3. Bruges by horse-drawn carriage: The half-hour carriage ride along Bruges’ historic winding streets trots off on Markt (at Burg on Wednesday morning). Halfway through the ride the carriage briefly stops at the Beguinage. The coachman gives expert commentary en route.
4. Bicycle carriages: In an environmentally conscious way you discover the city `s most romantic spots, the historic monuments and hidden treasures. Without having to walk long distances to get around through the city, the driver-guide gives an explanation in Dutch , English or French. The ride takes 30 minutes.
5. City Tour Bruges: The minibuses call at the different highlights of the city. They leave every half an hour from Markt for a fifty-minute trip. Headphones provide commentary in one of 16 available languages.