Besides self-drive, there are many other ways of getting to Bruges. To help you with making travel arrangements, this page provides you with a summary of what is on offer from the various airlines as well as ferry and train companies.
Apart from when travelling by ferry, your first stop in Belgium will typically be Brussels. From there the Belgian Railways run a comfortable twice an hour service to Bruges which is - if not already included with your ticket - alltogether affordable. It gets you there in under one hour and precise times and other details are available from here.
High-Speed Train travel (connecting at Lille or Brussels)
Fly to Brussels South Airport (CRL)
Flying to Brussels National Airport (BRU)
- Brussels Airlines - click here for timetables and a reservation facility
- BMI Regional (from East Midlands, Edinburgh or Leeds) - plan and book your flight on their website
- Cityjet - flight schedules and a booking facility can be found here
- TUI Fly (from various cities in Germany) - availability and reservation page here
- EasyJet (from various cities in central and southern Europe) - plan and book you flight on their website
- Vueling (from Alicante, Barcelona, Malaga and Valencia) - their booking facility and flight scedules can be found here
Sailing to Zeebrugge or Dunkirk
Shuttle bus Bruges - Charlerloi & Charlerloi - Bruges
This shuttle bus brings you from the airport Brussels South Airport (CRL) to Bruges and the other way. From € 5,00 you can take this bus. You may reserve a seat on this bus online through the webpage of Flibco.